Thursday, July 28

yellame pattern than

okie s'terday amma challenged me to solve it "SoDoKu" (the next big fad to blogging)... coz she got stuck somewhere ... she was making random picks ... appa right behind my back ... hi stature: never got anythin less that a centem in math ... a dream for me for a very very long time ... he said it was ez but didnt tise to do it ... tho he was observing me solve it :D ...

so I got my feet wet b4 chidhambara ragaseeyam ... more so finding out a fail proof way to do it than just solving it ... got some clues ... so off the C.R. ... as the plot unfolds the message comes out - "Yellame Cooduu that" a line, not a prgm ;)

so post dinner ... started cracking it ... just 6 boxed pendin n something was wrong ... so a more robust means ... finally BULLS EYE ... some IQ test branded me as a visual mathematician ... meaning I'm stronger when visuals assist me in finding solution ... rather I see the solution when I see the problem ... now I am really tempted to compare this with John Nash ... the way he sees patterns n solution ... I can only aspire to be such :) ... not with numbers tho but algorithms ...

my message of the day was "Yellame Patterns than" ... math and cs ... some give them wierdo jargons like design patterns to scare ppl like its sumthing great ... nuthin more than common sense ... rather a pattern to solve a problem ...

so finally I did manage to put up some means to reduce the randomness of the search to more decisive moves ... delivered it to amma just b4 hitting the shower n she was shouting over like ... is there a formula or what? .... ha ha ... so I gt tell her how its done ... simple process of eliminiation ... with some help from permutation and combinations ... just looking for a pattern while solving a problem can give way to so much ... that we now call an algorithm

the more constraints I can manifest out of a few sessions ... the more easier to write a solver :D ... time permitting ... ha ha ... yenna thiruthavee mudeeyadhu ... he he ;))

so if u havn't got ur feet wet n gt some time to kill n brain cells to burn ... this is it ... n those who r ... if u go interesting ways to get around it ... do get back

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home