Friday, May 12

Under Estivation

Most of us are aware of animals that suspend their metabolism during the winter. This act is termed as -

hi·ber·nate (hbr-nt)
intr.v. hi·ber·nat·ed, hi·ber·nat·ing, hi·ber·nates
  1. To pass the winter in a dormant or torpid state.
  2. To be in an inactive or dormant state or period.

[Latin hbernre, hbernt-, to winter, from hbernus, relating to winter. See ghei- in Indo-European Roots.]

But did you know about creatures who do the same during summer, when their primal activity is sleeping? Me, me, me ... thank you thank you ^:)^ ... *flying e-kisses* to all the fans of estivating janthus as I :D.

Agni Natchathiram is ON ... and to beat it I go into sleep involuntarily. I do have the gift of being able to sleep anytime, anywhere and for however long I can until I develop sore of sleepin. No these I mean in literal sense, for I'v slept in thiruvalluval transport all the way from kanchipuram to chennai, with all the rickety bus parts resonating (no rattling) at their best. Of course only until the vibrations would cause my palms to itch X-(.

But now this is completely out of control. And every morning I wake up like I am having a hangover #-o. Maybe someday in the future ppl will gaze at my mummified body with awe :-o, specimen resulting from natural mummification in the tropics.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

lol funny posts Samy!

**Me, me, me ... thank you thank you

hahahaha and u have a mummified body? awww...lol!

Keshi.

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:28:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

not yet ... but very soon u'll hear about me as an upshot of this summer :D

I only wish otherwise [-O<

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

** as an upshot of this summer

?? lol!

Keshi.

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

torpid.. i love that word :)..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home