Sunday, July 31

Anniyan - Round 2 ... ting ting

naming an ocassion as a reason I set out to watch anniyan again ... it has been ages since I'v ever watch any regional movie in theatre twice ... this is probably the first :-? (MMKR of course the only regional movie I'v seen over a 100 times @ least) ... what pulled me back again ... sujatha's punch dialogue of course esp for vivek and otherwise ... there was so much I had missed last time ... n the sound effects as well ... the other theatre I saw it (which for long had the honour of opening all super star's movies) was pathetic ... even @ satyam @ times the movie went out of focus ... thankfully mostly during ad's so :) ...

so what did I observe new this time? as before I'd proly be biased to anniyan character so watch out ...

until lil before the intermission the movie was all fun and good ... gales of laughter flooded the theatre ... this time I was observing n njoi'n every one of viveks dialog ... sujatha has done marvels ... my fav if I shud quote was during the train journey to thiruvaiyaaru ... vivek say's express yourself by kissing her if u can ... n when ambi says "naanaaaa" viveks rebuttal "pinna yenna kamal sir'a ya vandhu kiss panna solla mudiyum" was witty ;) ...

well many ppl luk @ matrix freaks such as I n say ... well if Neo can fly n do amazin stunts u'd buy that but if Rajni does the same u mock ... well for those ppl here's my answer ...

its human nature to imagine (will substantiate that in the upcomming days) ... n protogonist who take shape of legendary characters always instill interest ... too brash a comparison ... nevertheless one cud associate anniyan with Neo tho the laters story is very profound ... n legendary characters show inhuman or to be precise super human traits ... a character defying logic is acceptable to me when a predicate even if a little weak substantiates so ... having answered those ... lets get back to the gud stuff ...

again @ the train ambi's appa saying "yennaku yaranum therinjurundha naane padirupen olyo" n vivek for that "naan odiruppen olyo" ... ha ha nice one ... n of course as he reads the love letter "ange paaru yedho puranam yezudhi mudicha vairamuthu madhiri nadai poodaraan par" ... n of course @ the nehru stadium before the showdown ... "as usual kottai vida veendiyadhu thaane" ... ha ha ... gud stuff ...

the script for anniyans speach is very well crafted ... salute's to sujatha for that ... the script reminded me something else ... long ago there was a dream I had (not during sleep) ... I am a piscean n I muse during the day :) ... proly as to what I'd do if I get lots of money ... reminds me of that ...

still somethings that I cud not digest is tracing to a phone from an IP which is hardly static here ... even today ppl dont have static IP's unless u get a router ...

but in the end the movie was fun for me ... n the scene when the personalities alter in quick succession ... that was another reason I went in for ... n audio ... yeah baby ... it rocked but ocassionally there was <1sec delay which was obvious to me ...

n just to make a point ... i'd say this is quite a balanced movie ... humor, love, imagination, diaplay of wealth, culture, values, whim, anguish, pensiveness, agression, masala, a message, entertainment all in gud proportions ...

enuf of anniyan ... time for something more ...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Sunday, July 31, 2005 7:35:00 AM, Blogger Arvind Srinivasan said...

Not only 'as usual kottai vittuduveenga illa', but also 'correct sonna madhiriye kottai vittuteenga illa...yes sir' :-D

btb, pravunplugged.bl... has a superb anniyan mock movie - you must check it out ;)

 
At Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:06:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

oh yeah .. missed that lovely retort @ last ... actually that dialog was quite muffled ... most ppl didn't notice it ...

n woo hoo the mock movie ... was amazing ... creative writing :)

its been lil less than a year when I was 2 vetti during day @ office (wrk was given only @ 6pm) ... when I used to do such writings ... well cudn't keep my mind idle so was mocking my entire circle of buddies ... ha ha ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home