Tuesday, September 27

Lalgudi composes for Sringaram

Image


after a slumber I was gettin my bearings n I stumled upon this as I grazed through the days tabloid ... usually its movies :) (I ain't a news paper guy) ... but I do scan the suppliment for interesting articles once is a while ... n I bumped into this one today ... I donned a wide smile as I saw his picture n ... laughing as I read along :)) ... this mas in simply A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !!!


I listen to quite a bit of music ... a dilettante enthusiast to be precise ... regardless of my adolescence I'd say I'v heard and savoured music to be eligible to express my opinion ... so I take that privilege ;;)


I'v never felt music dance to the whims of a person as him ... strictly classical i'd qualify that which I am talking about ... amma goes off-mark many times but when its lalgudi's and his lineage, the sweetness is soo obvious ... unmistakeable :x ... I don't remember it ever being loud ... as ppl wud say ghaneerunu ... but its soft and precise ... the string is crisp only to certain nuances ... but with them it always feels perfect ... even the barely noticeable ghamakams (which I'v begun noticing lately) are so vivid n just ... *perfect* ...


he is one of the most humble yet majestic person when he holds the violin ... n I'd luv an opportunity to hear him speak :) in person some day ... these trite things as they might seem will surface as a pride with which to brag to future generations ;) ... n I shall when I get my turn :>


the fact that he was upto a movie project took me by surprise ... as the old man says, the strong carnatic flavour of the movie was his incitement to take up this project ... needless to say a prodigy @ violin ... its his pieces that inspired me to take up this difficult to master string instrument ... I'm tryin what I can :) ...


for enthusiasts pleasure ... I'v given link to the article (follow the article title) ... O:) ... nsoi

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This man is SUCH an inspiration!

Double Kudos! for taking the time to write about/for him.

 
At Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:12:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

his excellence demands it :)

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:42:00 AM, Blogger senthil natarajan said...

you did a kacheri last week?

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:52:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

no dude ... it was no kutcheri 1st hand ... 2nd its been 3 weeks now :)

I am just a dilettante da ... I still remember a joke I read to K.Babu ...

"a gf says to him why dun u play for the radio ... the guy goes to cloud 9 ... then she break's it ... atleast I can keep the volume down or turn it off"

=))

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Arvind Srinivasan said...

He deserves all the praise that we can hope to heap !!

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 7:19:00 PM, Blogger Arvind Srinivasan said...

and more...

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 7:51:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

ha ha yenna dhadha ... yosichu yosichu comments? :p

 
At Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sringaram is a must see film. Winner o THREE NATIONAL AWARDS AND 2 STATE AWARDS, it has won recognition for music, choreography,cinematography,art direction and costume design! A fabulous film - Being RELEASED in chennai on the 21ST OF SEPTEMBER 2007

 
At Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could see it, too. I LOVE the music.

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Vasant said...

Could someone give me a pointer where I can listen to the music of Sringaaram?

Really appreciate your help.

 
At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 3:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI, the film is being released on the 5th October 07 in TN

 
At Wednesday, October 03, 2007 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shringaram is being released on Oct. 5 at Sathyam, Abirami and mayajaal, i Hear.
The music is avaialble with Carnatica.com
I found this website which has some of the music http://www.sringaramthefilm.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home