Sunday, September 18

Veritas et Acquitas

very few action movies really stand out ... on one hand I love movies which are plainly simple and suave ... this one is ... a lot of interesting dialogues ;) catchin my attention every now and then ... only irritating part was the profligate usage of 'F' word ... I'v completely given up the very little I did ... so it was repulsive ... :(


admitted that there was enough profanity and the vile, but for one thing thats the reality and secondly that was not the point ...

not too complicated ... two guys taking people down on a mission for life ... n culmination in a reunion and promulgation to the world ... reminds me of travolta's (a character with no name) perspective in swordfish - "what if the villian just got away n lives happily thereafter ... what if" ... this movie was kind of like that ... a morality tale it was but overall fun

this movie came out in '99 n I have not even heard about it ... and yes ... you can watch this movie a couple of times ... the simple plot was just appealing to me ... one of my favourite lines was -

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, And that is the indifference of good men"

how true :) ... the movie - "The Boondock Saints" ... just amazing ... and I recommend it for people who love such movies ...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:33:00 PM, Blogger Arvind Srinivasan said...

"Indifference of good men"

mmmm.... nice one !

 
At Friday, September 23, 2005 9:47:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

thxn ... it was very catchy :) ... n so true :-|

 

Post a Comment

<< Home