Monday, August 15

IR Speaks'

I barged in to see the program mid-way ... it was a sun-tv production with IR on his Thiruvasagam ... got a glimpse of him @ work with the symphony and some of his personal experiences ... the following really caught my attention ...

many of us have heard of this quote "change is the only constant" ... many IR Fans are redefining this in a way ... one such expressed himself to IR saying ... "yengal vazkaiyil yevalavo maarugiradhu ... veelai ... eedam ... makkal ... nanbargal ... aanal ivai anaithayum kadandhu yegaludan ninradhu thangal iisai than" ... so true ... not sure how many of you have heard of the album "How To Name It?" ... its been there since I was a very very small kid ... savored by my previous generation ... and till date it still stupefies folks ... n if your a connoisseur of music u sure wud be ...

another quote by yet another fan of his - "yen thai thandha aravanaipai vida, yen thozil thandha inbathai vida, yen manaivi thantha adharavai vida, yenai saandror thantha anbai vida ... thagal iisai tharum inbam veru yengu ulladhu" ... hmm ... a bit of flattery I'd say but if it was said heartfelt then okey dokey ...

the best part of what he said was ... ppl keep saying that it wud be great to understand the verses of thiruvasagam being recited ... wud make more sense ... his explanation ... god transcends language, words, expressions, place and every such thing ... n when u listen to it what u feel @ your heart is what is being said ... likwise music transcends everything (I'd have rather had music 1st :D and thankfully it is not for me to say) ...

but I still feel his work - "How To Name It?" stands a class apart ... an all time soul raiser (from any mood that I am in) for me ... still pining for something that wud @ the least live up to it ... too much to ask?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Friday, September 16, 2005 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Zeppelin said...

so u dont like Nothing But Wind ??

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

there were one or two tracks which I didn't like comlpetely ... been a while since I listened :) ... thnx for reminding ... will let know where it let me down ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home