Tuesday, September 4

Waiting like an idiot

All my life I have been waiting for people despite being stood up time and again. No, I didn't mean a guy-girl thing :p. My experience at that is zilch.

It just totally pisses me off when people don't keep up with their words. Its probably my fault that I expect such a thing out of them. But I don't understand if its too difficult for people to be courteous enough to say they can't for whatever reason it is (like I care).

The worse part is, they think they are courteous even after I hint them and continue to obliviously do the same thing again #-o. The funny part is they even empathize your point without realizing they do the same =)) ROTFL. I don't expect people to be perfect. But when you realize someone doesn't quite respect your time (for a long time i.e.), you don't feel like honoring theirs. I try not to think that way, but it feels like people just take me for granted.

Only thing I can do is not to expect such a thing from people, which I have. But now that time is at premium more than ever, such people are such a turn off.

If you are reading this, don't commit to appointments you can't keep up. And if for some genuine reason you can't be courteous enough to inform. And btw, appointments are just not restricted to meeting people in person ;).

Now that I'v cribbed, I am wondering if I'd ever done the same :-? although I am known to keep up with my appointments. On a philosophical note maybe I did not and am oblivious as much as the defaulters who empathize my point ;).

My lesson for now - don't expect people to keep up with their words and don't be a fool waiting for em.

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

and I've been waiting for u...and u came. somemtimes the waits help.

:) WB Samy!

Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, September 05, 2007 10:22:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

I wasn't quite referring to that kinda wait nutty, u know that ;) ... and I know that you know that :p

I just made a post to say am alive :D ... not back like gud old days :(, not yet.

** somemtimes the waits help

definitely :)

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:23:00 PM, Blogger A said...

Ah I wonder wat prompted such an aggressive post from the otherwise calm Samy!

 
At Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:26:00 PM, Blogger A said...

Btw I think one of the biggest mistakes that people do is taking others for granted. People change a lot and one day you'l regret taking somebody for granted.

 
At Friday, September 07, 2007 5:27:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

there is a flipside to every coin ;) ... I really don't care about people taking me for granted ... but I do get pesky about them honouring my time :).

* People change a lot and one day you'l regret taking somebody for granted.

wondering how many people I have taken for granted :-?

 
At Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!
My name is Rajeshwari and I stumbled across your blog when i was searching the web for something
a) Kudos! Good job! Keep it up!
b) Can you help me find the song "Niravadhi Sukhada" in guitar by prasanna or madolian by Srinivas in mp3 format and mail them to me at ragesh_1@rediffmail.com
Thanks a ton!
Cheers,
RG

 
At Monday, September 17, 2007 8:25:00 PM, Blogger pushkalAn& pattabhiraman said...

Thinking in another dimension.......

If and only if EVE HAD KEPT her Word and not touched the forbidden fruit...!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do i need to complete it!!

 
At Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:57:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

hey Samy great to see u in my blog after a long time. I hv been missing ya! Hope all is wedll with ya?

**one day you'l regret taking somebody for granted.

I agree 100% with Arpita!


And Samy I know that u know that I know that :)


TC
Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home