Thursday, September 29

6 Degrees of Seperation

a small world it indeed is :)

well whatz with the topic? ... this is not one of my regular planned posts ... just rang bells ... during my last visit to b'lore some science buff's with whome I had a blast came up with this stuff ... I used to be a tech savy but I felt in doubt ... guess its always an ocean when it comes to what you don't know ;)

Degrees of Seperation is the number of connecting nodes b/w two entities ... lets take the internet ... it is said that in this complex web any source n destination are seperated by utmost 20 (or 19 :-?) hops or links ... @ the max ... thats why the mathematical term degree :) ... hmm ... interesting?

and it is said that any 2 humans can relate with just 6 people to connect them ... this goes by the sheer virtue of every individuals social links ... tho I still have trouble accepting it ... I sincerely appreciate the concept

but what bout in the blogsphere ... I'v been blogging for more than a year now ... in its true spirit lately ... n usually I only keep myself connected well to a small circle ... 80/20 principle :) ... I beat around the bush n I see the same ppl in the blog circles ... of course referals ... but 2 many without referals ... its like a mini community ... reminds me of the documentary of Antz that I saw ... oops thats next to come ...

I wonder what would be the Degrees of Seperation of bloggers :) ... 2 or 3 maybe ?? just a thought :-?

6 Comments:

At Thursday, September 29, 2005 8:40:00 PM, Blogger ekantha said...

Your blog circle is worth keeping to. It has a lot of deep, intelligible stuff being written within it. I can understand why you'd stay there. I go trawling a lot in blogs and I'm amazed at the amount of rubbish you have to sort through to find stuff you can relate to. On the degrees of separation, blogging definitely closes the divide.

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:32:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

well most people blog to relax from a days work ... or when they dun know what else to do :) ... in most likelyhood not to educate themselves ... I prefer a balance b/w both :)

gud to know such posts r sought after ... thnx

 
At Thursday, September 29, 2005 10:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks mate! yeah true... the big mother ship is waving and need to get into it sooner or later.
6 degrees of sepration...even i am a bit doubtfull... but if you have been orukutting... probably you will see someone totally connected to you by just 3-4 people.
As the saying goes "ITS'S A SMALL WORLD"

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 6:27:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

hey v.j.

well the 6 Degrees of freedom I presume was without considering the connections on the net ... hence my disbelief :)

yeah with Y!, MSN, Orkut n blogsphere guess the world is much smaller ... 4 the magic # huh ... even if u pick a stranger on the road ... I still dun know :-?

me not a musician ... enthusiast to be precise ... but I do fiddle around with Swarna (my violin) ... shez just 8 months old ;) ... ryu a musician??

 
At Friday, September 30, 2005 7:00:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

wow kudos to a comrade on violin ;) ... its one of the most difficult of all instruments ... n I just luv violin ... be it western or our classical :) ... thnx 2 sum very gud friends of mine ... I gt to relax ... NO, hav'n super fun doin it all ... gurukulam is bliss bein in S/W industry :D

I learn @ CARVA (http://www.carvatrust.org) ... n even had a violin program on september 3rd ... its was really very inspiring to see all the kids n my super seniors play to glory ;)

nice to know bout more dilletante's around :)

 
At Saturday, October 01, 2005 10:38:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

well I'm a bit fussy bout aAnju 2 ... I only visit Ashok Nagar bakthaAnju featured in boyz movie ;) ... it been a 10+ years relationship

I'v seen the old glory days ... his down fall :( ... and his resurrection now

gud to know u trip with aAnju as well ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home