Tuesday, September 12

Sweet Memories : KVR

KVR Bakery adjacent to the mosque at 4th Avenue Ashok Nagar, within two minutes walk from my school (Jawahar Vidyalaya) was my evening snack destination for today (12th). Actually I got bored of popular eating spots in and around, so I needed something of reminiscence :). Having studies at the same school all thought, there are no shortage of memories.

KVR Bakery (and mayura likewise), my favourite spot since school days is enroute to home from school. Be it just for time pass, tiredness after some extra evening sports, student politics talk, bird watching, at every excuse we used to make it here. They catered junk food (tho we never ever fell sick) at very affordable rates for students. It became so much popular that since 10th std most guyz got a gate pass (intended for ppl wanting to go home for food if within reach) and used to flit to the spot after a quick lunch and plenty of corridor games. Running and catching, down the corridors and up n down the 3 floors, leg break for a more involving action, chalk-piece wars with teams / rather gans.

Today I made it to the place and to my sweet surprise there was my music teacher, who we used to make such mockery of when in school :">. To my pleasure she promptly recognized me as I doned a faint smile and she said - "unne thereeyamela, nee rOmba nalla paduveeye pa school'le" (how can I forget you given how well you used to sing then). Yeah Yeah!!! I used to sing with the school choir during assembly and in competitions. And I was always picked where there was something to do with singing #-o. Don't worry I didn't do solo much ;)). Soo much has changed since, I can't even sing all that well if I want to now :(. She also enlightened me to the fact that Embar Kannan (him in concert) also studied in here :-o, tho he was known to bunk school quite often. Given that I am quite a fan of his, the fact was music to my ears :-".

Now to the crux - foooooood. KVR Bakery, a very small shop that doesn't boast of any fancy items. Simple cakes, puffs, samosas and a variety of items you wouldn't find in the big places. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!! The feeling is tantamount to how a sumptuous meal or your favourite item prepared by mom / grandma. Having grown savouring that, even the grandest of food never come any close. The familiar faces, the smell, the taste, the locale and being there at pretty much the same time I used to. For 10 bucks you get a yummy chocolate cake and a veg-puff :), dirt cheap I say.

11 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I wanna go to that bakery...its not fair ur eating all the yummy stuff by urself...take me there!

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

and ofcourse the wonderful memories...ahhhh they always make the heart smile.

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:24:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

hop on nutty ... there r plenty of nutty items for a nutsu person like ya :p ... but u gt come down ... make vacation an excuse n come down like visithra did :)

 
At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:58:00 PM, Blogger Visithra said...

vacation and excuse??? adapavi ithu no nyahyam

keshi keshi this fella is very naughty so go prepared ;p

nice post sweet one too - oooh so ucan sing ;p

 
At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 3:39:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

** vacation and excuse??? adapavi ithu no nyahyam

visi, ellarum onne madhiri oru mission oda'laam vare matta ... am sorry urs didn't go well ... but dun discourage others

** keshi keshi this fella is very naughty so go prepared ;p

u r tarnishing my reputation baselessly ... besides keshi is more naughty than I am ... if @ all I shud be prepared :D ... right nutty?

 
At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:54:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

lolz tnxxx for the info Visithra, I'll keeep that in mind :)

huhhhhhh Samy Im naughtier than u? ROFL hahaha hahahaha hahahahaha!

Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

hmm so ur buying into visitra :( ... this ain't fair :((

U R definitely naughtier than I am ... that is thw whole truth n nuthing but the truth .. why dyu think otherwise

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 4:44:00 AM, Blogger A said...

Hey i too love KVR Bakery!!!!During school days we never used to cross that place w/o having a snack or two. I rmbr my friend and i used to share a plate of channa masala and feel so gud abt it. The best feature of the bakery is the shop-owner( Anna as we call him). The affectionate manner in which he still greets us is heart warming.

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 7:01:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@arpita: ha ha, who'd miss eating there being so close :). yeah that anna, he even allowed some of us students to have an account given how regular we were. once bout 20-25 of us had a treat there, god know how he managed to keep tab :-/

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 6:48:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

ur swearing in a court? lol good luck cos right now Im sucking up to the judge..:):)

Keshi.

 
At Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

lucky judge :p ... poor me :(

okie okie I give up ... visi ir r8

 

Post a Comment

<< Home