Sunday, August 20

Fluid to set you on Fire

This album rendered by Navin's been in my gmail account for too long without attention. Just got to play along with my cousin's new iPod Nano n the quality just left me with no choice but to listen to these crisp and smooth pieces. Wonder if those earphones are made with steel diaphrams :-/. Keep the volume quite low and listen to these tho -
  1. Fluid - The purcussion and the flute was a bit too harsh to listen at first. Unconventionality quite evident. Keep the volume down and your will race towards the end with a rush ;). Will definitely wake you up *he he*.
  2. Bombay Theme - An attempted evocation of grandiose in second minute. If you'v listened to the original by ARR you'r bound to experience your heart slowing down. Otherwise I didn't see much here. The original theme segment was well rendered, not sure if therz much difference from that of ARR's :-?. And then "uyire uyire" (tu hi ree tu hi ree) comming in towards the end.
  3. mOhana - the leading notes reminds me of an old track from childhood :-?? ... for once I remember it :D ... yippie \:D/ ... if you'v heard the title music of the 1st indian 3D movie "Chotta ChEthan" (in hindi) or "My Dear Kutti Satan" (in tamil) ... a slight detour ... I got so scared of watching the movie with 3D goggles with my mum n dad that I cried and saw the movie without em ;)). If at all I am mistaken it must be from one of those programs I used to watch on T.V. A segment of the song (5:48-6:00) also reminds me of a TFM song, grrrr which I just can't seem to remember even close.
  4. Chennai Rain - A very peppy track to start with, the rain droplets arraigning the background. Somehow the folksy elements seemed unoriginal and made the track quite bland. The later end of the track where the flute dominates was very catchy tho :).
  5. Nenjinile (Uyire) - This was the 1st track I got of the album which made me hunt for the rest. Nothing exceptional or original, but is just such an appeaser to the heart :). Close you eyes and listen, and you bound to don a smile inadvertantly ;). With mild accompaniments the fluid transitions were just perfect to my taste.
  6. First Light - Sounded more like the background score for scene at dawn in an indian epic or a gurukulam school, with the hapr like sounds adding a heavenly touch. And then an unexpected swerve :-?, as if someone had woke up. Though little segments seemed unique, it quickly dwindled into a familiar scene.
  7. Symphony - Cheated me into a well known piece by bethoven / mozart (dun remember the name right away), esp the dwindling gaps between notes. It just didn't seem either western enough (as it starts) or indian enough (as it moves from the transition) as a whole. I honestly felt confused.
  8. You & I - It gets a bit loud with the typical rock / metal type guitaring comming in quickly. I was expecting, and was in mood for a more relaxing one. The chorus by the kids reminded me of having sung - "Heal the world, make it a better place" on our school annual day (of course in chorous). This felt nothing close to that, though of the same motif. I didn't see much of a replayability factor to this track.
  9. Essence - I am not a big fan of hindustani or the durbari stuff. I didn't take me long to feel like it was happening in some kings durbar. Okie I admit, this genre just puts me to sleep. NO, its not coz I am writing this little past 1:30am. Just not a piece for my ears.
If your an instrumental buff, then take a sneak peak. I ain't a big fan of flute as much I am to violin. The album as a whole wasn't all too impressive. But definitely nice to hear along with work :). For most part I felt, it lacked originality. As for the rendition, the music will speak for itself.

6 Comments:

At Sunday, August 20, 2006 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

wow alot of rhythm n soul in here :) tnxx for the info Samy!

I like the flute alot...

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:24:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

wussup wussup wussup Samy Balmy? :)

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:46:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

what dya mean balmy :-?

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

balmy = soothing

rem Vickzz balm? :)

Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:19:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

what did the q - "Balmy? :)" mean huh?

 
At Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:04:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Qn was WUSSUP duhhh lol!

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home