Sunday, August 6

Sleeping Beauty

After too many people pointed at it I finally realized that I'v got some really wierdo sleeping habbits. Was wondering what else is out there, but let me start with mine :). Lets go chronological with this.

In my childhood I always needed someone to hug me until I go into sleep :D, yes you heard me right. My uncle (as we call here mama), mum or dad were responsible to put me into sleep. Wouldn't let em sleep until then ;).

As I grew up I got habbituated to my papa patting on my back in a rhythm until I go I-). Poor him, I still remember so many nights when out'a tiredness he'd stop patting and doze off and I'd nudge him in his sleep to continue #-o.

I grew up a lil more to become very active in my sleep. Yes I used twist, turn, roll, throw away my blanket and pull over my dads :)) and even kick the person next to me. In a little while I realized I was a pest n moved out'a bed. Apart from regular sleeping hours, I slept a lot more doing something else - studies :D. I "used" to study a lot in bed, and ending up sleeping not knowing until when I was studying. The best part was me facing downward with my book on the floor, he he. That way no one knows if you are studyin or sleepin.

Only then I realized the bliss of sleeping in the open and on the floor, once I gave up sleeping in bed (still am uncomfortable sleeping in bed, esp during summer n sultry days). Chill open space and floor lures me to sleep so much. Never quite realized why my grandpa slept there until then. Once I learnt I never moved elsewhere. Right in front of a balcony and two windows on the side on the 2nd floor was ethereal. Except for the bustling traffic sound which I got used to quickly its an indescribable feeling. Even with the power cuts I could sleep in peace so long as I could get rid of few mosquitoes :D. The winds from the balcony sometime even ripped me off the blanket unless I anchor to it well. Early mornings are the best 8->. With the backyard door open, the wind flows uninterrupted and it feels so great resting under the warmth of a blanket. Trust me, its so hard to wake up like in a cold morning.

Oh yesss, my need for a hug :). With just me the the floor, I had to build a dam with pillows all around me. Ha ha, I needed atleast 3/4 pillows to sleep cozy ;)). Maybe this is why I am claustrophobic, having got used to the comfort of openness.

I am an effortless sleeper. I am gifted with the ability to get into a slumber anytime & anywhere.
Ever since college, if I might add. I used to sleep in 76B's and 76C's which in most cases are amongst the rattling bus's around. Once or twice the bus was vibrating @ my body's resonance frequency that I got itchy all over X-( grrr. I even had the ability to sleep whilst sitting in the footboard :D, well anchored of course.

And then college, where I got wierdest. People used to call be 'beethAl' (as in 'Vikram & Bethal' he he). Our bedding was at the corner of the room, so I developed this habbit of putting my legs as high as possible along the join of the walls with a pillow to rest my shoulder on ;). Yes I used to study that way and mostly end up sleeping #-o. One of my dear friend even made me an exhibit then, lucky none of us had digi-cams back then *phew*.

A year in bangalore tamed me :(, but am still a roller / crawler when I sleep n guess I lost the habbit of kicking :). I still need a pillow to hug though :D, even at the cost of not having one for my head. No more questions on this one okie? Still am one feet away from where I originally slept #-o. Not sideways, guess I'v been loosing my head rest so I keep moving to grab it in sleep. Good that I have an unfurnished room, with the chillest of tiles that leaves my room the most prefered place to be (at the cost of my privacy at awkward moments).

Do you have wierd sleeping habbits?

14 Comments:

At Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

sleeping beauty ha? wow ;-)

**Only then I realized the bliss of sleeping in the open and on the floor

I luv that! When it's Summer I do that...lay on the bare floor with music on and the world is mine.

Keshi.

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

u know wut...lol how d u know wut kinda guy I want? cos u really seemed to have figured me out by now.

Keshi.

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 10:41:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

** When it's Summer I do that...lay on the bare floor with music on and the world is mine.

Try that in winter, rolling into a blanket n laying on the floor ... yes music ... some gud instrumental or enigma kind :) ... I wudn't mind company either ;)

BTW ... u never mentioned ur sleeping habbits ... am waiting :-w

** how d u know wut kinda guy I want?

is that a q or an exclamation?

having read so many of ur posts it would be inept of me if I didn't understand that much :) ... esp. given ur expressive nature ... and I only saw that which u wan'd to be seen about u ;)

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds so much like what I do. These days I have become nocturnal., and I sleep for 12 straight hours!!

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 6:56:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**some gud instrumental or enigma kind :) ... I wudn't mind company either ;)

yep Enigma is just great...lol some company might spoil the spolitary peace. It might go into some other kinda peace but ;-)

My sleeping habits?

I turn n toss like a maniac. But I sleep like a log when Im able to get some. Overall Im a poor sleeper.


Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:22:00 PM, Blogger Visithra said...

i wake up every 3 hours - i have no idea y - but i do n for as long as ive known - only when im really tired i sleep without waking!

but i like sleeping on the floor - used to its kinda nice

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:25:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@Saggistica: nocturnal = not sleeping enuf ... 12 hours straight is beinf kumbakarna ;))

@keshi:
** It might go into some other kinda peace but ;-)

EXACTLY :D

** I turn n toss like a maniac

thyself or the person next tyu :p

@visitha: visithiremane ponnu nee :)) ... I think u'v become old ... grandma :p

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:05:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

Samy what does that EXACTLY mean? What kinda peace? lol I wanna know.

Keshi.

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:14:00 PM, Blogger Visithra said...

hhhee been like that since i was a kid - it just means im still young heheh ;p

 
At Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:30:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@keshi: ahmm ahmm, not in public :D

@visithra: now am I beginning to realize how u got this name :-? ... he he :D

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 1:50:00 AM, Blogger Jagan said...

yeah ..same one as the hugging while sleeping ..only thing is now i prefer beaautiful girls da :-)

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 1:59:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

heeeeyy da ... long time dude ... ahmm ahmm ... I thought u had a girl friend :p

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 8:35:00 PM, Blogger senthil natarajan said...

i have seen reddish rams, post lunch! u dun hafta tell me about ur dormant times..hee hee

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 8:42:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

senthil ... seri seri ... neeyum onnum rOmba ozhungu illa ... in fact unnaku post lunch criteria've kadeeyaadhu :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home