Sunday, July 2

What would you want?

1.a) Would you choose to earn million a year, with hardly any time for a personal life? or
1.b) Would you choose to earn 50 grand with a good personal life?

2.a) Would you do things the right way, and feel gratified?
2.b) Would you do things no more than the way it is mandated?

3.a) Would you be a monkey, coz that entails security?
3.b) Would you be an inventor, stick out your head and risk being bitten?

I stop the list here to stick to the thought that sprang up these questions at the onset of certain events here.


The buzz word of the day is 'Quick Money'. Quite honestly I only pity those souls running after it. Deserve before you Desire is the matra being preached to inculcate values into todays generation, but is hardly getting noticed.

My point is, people are so much after Money that they compromise on things that truly add value to their life. Be it in Management or IT (people of which kind I get to meet often), most young blood take pride in working at unearthly hours for the biggest names without much botheration to upsetting their biological clock. Just to earn the title of employee of the month / year people work 12-14 hours diurnally, yet they remain a needle in a haystack. At the end of the day, not enough time is left / having got too old and worn out by age to enjoy that which you have earned.

What's the point in earning so much and not being able to spend time with you friends and family? As much as its true that at the end of the day you need money to pursue you hobbies and indulge in pleasures, is it worth running after more and more money, something over which u'd never be content with?

The seconds one is more of a choice that people make. More of a choice as to what to compromise upon. We'v got so many things to take care of and we can't give 100% to everything. Usually boils down to work vs. personal life vs. hobbies etc.

What I find funny is that a lot of people fall into the second category and get away with it. Quite honestly I detest such people, for they are such a disgrace to what sets apart a human. Maybe I am being to staunch but then, I guess that is just my opinion :).

On the other hand it is quite possible that anything more than what's mandated is hardly appreciated or recognized. Plausibly they do not invest their effort since it ain't gonna pay. It all boils down to marketing, which most people are quite bad at (inclusive of me).

This I believe is kinda linked to the above two. Mostly attributed to people sense of insecurity. And once people see a regular supply of money, they are just not willing to let go of it and try something else. This is where entrepreneur's differ from the rest. Mostly people are afraid of failure and play defensive.

Maybe many of you think that I am talking about extremes and not the middle ground. The truth is, most of the people slowly diverge towards one of these extremes. Should I say the distribution is that of an inverter normal distribution curve. Would that explain why there are so few achivers :-?.

Regardless of what I'v said above (for thats just my opinion), what is your answer to the above three questions? And why? If you are afraid to answer then you are probably not doing what you want to, rather doing what you think you have to :). As for the rest, the world is ours so let out you call ;).

8 Comments:

At Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

hey Samy thanks for the wonderful wishes both in Uttsy's and my blog! Those words meant alot to me...wow I was in tears!

How have u been? Missed u all alot!

What would I want? Ofcourse the most sensible and enjoyable things in life. :) I take risks, give less imp to money and do the right thing, always.


Keshi.

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 2:12:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@keshi: heyyy, dun mention :) ... my pleasure ;) ... I was hopin for a spl post on ur b'day ... luk's like the baby was out freakin :D

** Ofcourse the most sensible

well thats a matter of opinion r8? so lets not generalize it :).

guess the least question is fundamentally flawed as well ... whatz right and wrong is again a matter of opinion ;)

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 1:50:00 PM, Blogger Arvind Srinivasan said...

:) choices are there to be made - all choices are bad and good simulatenously - and only to the extent that you choose to be judgemental, do you make the right/wrong decision

;)

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**well thats a matter of opinion r8? so lets not generalize it

hehe Samy I cant speak for everyone here can I? Ur asking each of us what we wud do, so I answered for myself :)


Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1-b; 2-a; are my choices for the first two for it brings in happiness. Further I feel like I have control over stuff I do.
3-a; would be my choice as mentioned in the question (playing defensive).
dude, Yu havent answered Q-3 ;)

*** "needle in a haystack" - R u impressed by these words? coz u seem to use these frequently? huh!

~muthukumar

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:40:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

NUUUUUU PAWST PLEECH

Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 10:07:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@arvind: dhadha ivvalo explanation naa ketteena ungale ... ketta kazhvi ku badhila sollame yedhaanum solli confuse panne try pannadheenge

@keshi: agreed, am busted :-s

@muthu: dei adangu da, unnoda choice padichadum yennaku malli babu nyabagathuku vandhaan :)) ... my choices r obvious da

** R u impressed by these words?

Reality bites da ;)

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

yes u r!

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home