Monday, May 22

ÆON Flux *** - Worth it?

After a ton of hesitation, we happened to pick this among a bunch of 10 movies to pass the night. Not a moment was disappointing. And Charlie Theron was such a doll :x in this movie, that faint smile (in a flashback) as she walks away just left me in awwwww (a reminiscence perhaps?), for such a breath stealing smile is a *rarity*!!!


I am a big-time lover of (good) sci-fi movies and yes I have got mighty bored of em lately. Too clichéd and frought with unnecessary complexity and twists in an attempt to entice the audience *sigh*, not impressive huh.

Aaaaand I love female warriors, NO not for the big boob or booty kind >:P but the no-nonsense ones (the ones who gets things done, not even the 'Trinity' kind but maybe Dark Angel :-?). Which reminds me of the phrase - "The female is the more vicious in every species", esp. when they decide to get what they want ;) (no hard feelings gals :p). ÆON is slick and bears this vicious look with the mascara on (which reminded me of my vice-principal from school - alphi @ alfonsa jacob >:)), like an effective killing machine never to fail.

This movie was simple as it can be, surfeiting for sci-fi crazy people as I :D, fast paced with nothing grossly illogical with only a few places where it seemed rather weak. By the time you realize it ain't materialization of your fears /reservations, the movie is wrapped-up in a neat way. The last futuristic movie that I loved was "I, Robot". For being able to believe in it (as to what the future beholds) is an integral part to such a movies success, without too much nonsense. This movie stood up to that, considering its 400 years from now. Gosh I wish I could live to see it all 8-> happen.

As for the plot, it was quite simple and easy even for no-brainers. For some reason I felt it analogous to 'The Matrix' :D as we crossed the half-hour mark. The stunts were brilliant, esp. when the ladies penetrate the defenses :-o, *L.O.V.E.L.Y* (not the ladies) is the operative word. And yes, it would be injustice if I forget to mention about the fundu imagination of how the rebels (the monicans) meet up ;).

The moment I saw the dame in this poster it reminded me of Aida (as in the concept art) from Unreal II. Hmm, guess I wouldn't be then visiting satyam to watch this one when it hits the screens. Which means I'm gonna miss one round of steamed corn *slurp*.

And don't worry about me having just given three stars. This movie wouldn't stand a chance in indian theatres, all thanks to the lovely taste of the vulgar crowd. My call - worth it, if you are my kind ;). Adios amigo's!!!

Labels:

13 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Zeppelin said...

so are you saying...watch or dont.. vara vara nee seriousa pesaraya illa tongue-in-cheek commentsa ne puriya matengaradhu....

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

u like female warriors? thank God! :):)

btw I dun like SCI-FI movies all that much...its just me...Im a puke-sappy romantic movie lover...

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:13:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@zep: ozhunga padi da ... wth is a tongue-in-cheek comment :-?

** My call - worth it, if you are my kind ;)

@keshi: YES I do love female warriors but not the legendary kind :)), I like the contempoary / futuristic ones.

hmm romantic movies :-? ... "kanda naal mudhal" is my all time favourite

just that sci-fi is some food for thought, while the later is ... u know what I'm gonna say ;)

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**"kanda naal mudhal"

yeah I saw that...sweet one!

I love any love story.. Khaaka Khaaka and Kadhal r 2 of my fav movies...sad ones but so realistic...

wut were u gonna say next? aww I dunno :(


Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:02:00 AM, Blogger Visithra said...

I heard aeon wasnt nice - but then i love dark angel n those kind of movies - actually i watch everything good ;p

but u should watch electra - the villanous thypoid was so brutal

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:05:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@keshi: the same ... indulge in viewing things that u dun/can't quite do :) ... like living a dream for the duration of the movie ... khaaka khaaka was gud but not all that romantic as "khanda naal mudhal" or ghajini (only the romantic parts were likeable) ... somehow many love stories seem ludicrous to me :D

@visithra: nuthing spectacular about the movie as such ... I just luv'd the sci-fi ideas which were cool n viable (nanobots n stuff) ... n yeah the stunts ... they'd made it luk so amazing ... u cud watch once ... without expectations :)

4 once both my cousin n I agreed that it was a "neat" movie ... that is a rarity ;)

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:29:00 AM, Blogger Author said...

Hi I like movies too. what do you think of the show The Da Vinci Code ??

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

I like the buk 'DaVinci Code' ... but am already having the feeling that the movie may not live up to that ... let's see once its on air :)

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:20:00 PM, Blogger Visithra said...

Kakka kakka was reliastic love - so i havent watched kanda naal muthal to say anything - but laila keeps me away ;p

but most romances are sappy but not all - i would put alaypayude as a good one too ;p

one of these days will catch aeon

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

yep I agree with Visithra...not all romantic movies r absurd...Kaaka Kaaka was realistic...and I love alaypayude too...

Samy u dun like romance? awww...

Keshi.

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:08:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@visithra: khakka khakka is one of my fav movies ... but kanda naal mudhal stands above that :) ... I still have a dump on my PC :D ... laila was the reason I refrained from watching it but then it was just 2 gud ;)

@keshi: it depends on a lot of factors ... if I had a choice b/w a gud sci-fi and romance I'd pick the formed (if its just me)... many a times the later is quite sappy as visi put it

** Samy u dun like romance?

c'mon what life without an appreciation of romance ;) n a dash of it ... hav u heard "Ithuthan Kaathal" from the movie pudhiya mugham? vairamuthu's lyrics in that are sooooooo gud esp the ones after the pallavi

n it depends on my mood too ... just that sometimes when I shut down I prefer movies to feed my brain ... but I never dare to risk watching a new romance movie unless I have company :)

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

good to hear that Samy :)

Keshi.

 
At Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:45:00 PM, Blogger gP said...

in the standards of SF movies, this is a failure. It is flashy, but did not carry substance. If you want to really love SF, read the novels...forget the movies.

The best evre SF genre movies are Star Wars, Blade Runner, Dark City, AI, Equilibrium, Ultra Violet, Fountain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home