Sunday, June 4

A Dream Come True ****

I am a visual mathematician in nature, and I do agree about it. Everything I understand / solve must be perceivable either in the air, my mind, as a proof of concept or on paper. But I *must* be able to see it / imagine it / represent it pictorially before I am game.

All of us have dreams 8->, and nightmares. Sometimes when things turn out eitherway in life it is a dream come true and am blessed with one such ;). But one dream has come true right away.

I ain't an avid reader of novels, but I do read ocassionally upon someones urge / recommendation. Compared to most readers I am very slow, coz when I read a book I picturize every scene, every dialogue and all those picturesque descriptions. Its like, I dream that which I read, maybe coz I am a piscean ;).

Sphere by Michael Crighton, was such a let down considering how fantastic the book was. But The DaVinci Code stood up well. It was just as I picturized it in my mind. If I am not mistaken I read the book in two whole days at my office desk secretively ;) (I had to break frequently to pretend that I was working). I found the story so very engrossing that I couldn't let go, so I let go of my work in favour of this :D.

I am not sure if people who have not read the book would like the movie as much. The movie National Treasure would be a good gauge of how much you'd like this one. But for those who did read, it would be such blissful walk down your favourite trail. Though the details were not as much as there was in the book, for once they have stuck to the original story and it did live up well :). Of course, Dan Brown's signature romantic fling in the end was missing :p, but didn't prove a spoiler.

Oh yeah, the only thing my imagination went amiss was how Sophie's grandmother looked, for I imagined her with looooong white hair :(. To watch Ian McKellen do his role was \:D/ ha ha, such a pleasure. So befitting it was, even more so his role as Magneto in X-Men series. Jean Reno was another obvious choice for Captain Fach's role. Though I'd have preferred Willem Dafoe for the character of André Vernet.

Too bad it is banned here :(, my friends and I were so much in anticipation of the movie. Its a good movie worth ... NO!!!, a must watch in theatre if you are a movie buff. I'd give this movie 3.75 stars of 5 :).

10 Comments:

At Sunday, June 04, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Visithra said...

once they have stuck to the original story and it did live up well :).

- exactly why i love the movie

silas was a good choice though

hey i imagined the grandma that way too - n a stronger lookinglady ?

 
At Sunday, June 04, 2006 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

u guys r movie-buffs :) I feel so out-dated now :*(

Samy Im bakk and thanks for ur words of love n support...

Keshi.

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006 1:12:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@visithra: silas yep but I'd hav prefered more reddish eyes like the novel spoke of him ... devilish luk u know ... only his demeanor was so

as for the grandma ... yep yep strong as well :) ... dyu remember the old lady who comes in "Twister" ... she'd hav been gud

@keshi: heyy nut :), u think ur some terminator or what 2 say "I AM BACK" :p.

I used to be a big time movie buff :(, now-a-day's I am quite outdated ... but U r miserable :D

n dun mention ... what r fello ppl for :)?

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Zeppelin said...

samy, the first couple of lines.. appealed to me as a very profound statement.. dont know if you meant it to be that way..

so, lemme ask you this..based on that statement about being a "visual mathematician", do you find it difficult to believe in God and Love? :)

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006 12:33:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

well thats the true me dude ... I believe in that which I can perceive ... I dun need to necessarity quantize it :)

as for love, I do know that - "the pattern of love is similar to pattern of insanity" :)) ... n I'v seen it play havoc ;) ... its an emotion and its real :) ... ur say :-/

as for god ... interpretation of god varies b/w ppl ;) ... if u'v read the bhagavath gita, u might remember this (its my fav part) - the enlightened person see's god in a fello human, a cow, an elephant, a dog and a dog-eater

I ain't all that enlightened yet :D ... but I do perceive the people around me with varying proportions of godliness ... god is a mechanism to gives purpose to those who seem to have lost it ... I can't quantize it but I can qualify it ;)

gud enuf 4 me :D

 
At Monday, June 05, 2006 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

lol @terminator!

awww thanks n huggggggz Samy!

Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:03:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

new post new post :)

Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:29:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

new post is commin up lady :) ... hold your horses :p ... am not getting a breather from wrk to complete it :( ... n its a heavy one commin up after a long time ;) ... wanna make it a signature samy post :D

 
At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude it was a good one and was released in this country and watched it in theatre :P

 
At Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:21:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

hehe thanks :)

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home