Sunday, July 9

Dream Advertisement

I really dig advertisements. Esp I never miss the good ones. Probably nobody does. The creativity that goes into the good one's do leave me with goosebumps sometimes. But I don 'tremember having seen such advertisements for quite sometime now. But thanks to FIFA fever we have one right under the hood, not sure if people really realized it. I am not a sports guy, but thanks to my sweet cousins nudging (not letting me sleep inclusive) I caught a bit of it aaaand this lovely flick.

Check out these two advertisements by Adidas in sequence - Adidas Jose +10 1#, Adidas Jose +10 commercial 2#.

The whole stuff is simple. Two guyz getting borred of the summer decide to play football. Its not unusual to see kids take the name of big sports guyz and try to play like em ;)). They talk like em, walk like em, it its down to earth hilarious watching em do it with all the fervor.

Here these two guy start pooling in the big names of the game, like its their own club tournament. In Part #1 the team selection is made, team assembled and the little fello's edify the big foots on their strategy. In Part #2 more of the game, with fouls n substitutions come in and the heat builds on as they debate over a goal. Finally the little fellos mama shouts loooooud pulling him in, back home. All players are disappointed and teams are dispersed. The little fello picks his football and leaves with a smile, thinking. Game Over Dream Over.

Now wait a minute!!! That was all just a dream :-o. An advertisement over a little fellow dreaming in the day about football :-??. For those of you to whome your bells don't ring -

Adidas - All Day I Dream About Sports

Now wasn't that a ingenious way to say the message. The question being, to how many people did the bell's ring :-/ when they saw it /:).

9 Comments:

At Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

None of those ads spell it out na..

Adidas - All Day I Dream About Sports

so how did u work that out?

:)
Keshi.

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:14:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

Adidas actually comes from the name of their founder Adolf (*Adi*) *Das*sler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas)

but fans n patrons of the brand came up with this acronym for it ;) a while back n was quite famous ... tho never endorsed by the company to what I know

it ain't correct ... just an arbit connection that I made when I saw the ad :)

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**just an arbit connection that I made when I saw the ad

wow was it just! U r amazing..u've got 'smart' genes :)

I know abt Adidas and Puma brothers. Great story.


Keshi.

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 1:50:00 AM, Blogger Madhu said...

That's a cool one. I love all adidas ads, they r very creative. And the acronym is apt one too. good work samy!!

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 2:09:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@keshi: no no u got me wrong :). I did not frame that acronym ... just that the ad was befitting to it ;) ... in fact it was my sports crazy cousin who enlightened me on that acronym

and no me got no smart genes :( ... lend me some if u have na

@madhu: am not in for all their ad's ... this one stood apart :) ... thnx

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 5:46:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

na na u r smarty pants :)

Keshi.

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

now ur making me luk like I was fishing for complements ... never mind #-o

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

noooooo wayz nutters..chill. Dun u like to be called smart every now and then, which u deserve anyways?

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:59:00 AM, Blogger Inder said...

yeah... the jose + 10 ad is cool. and the kids calling out names of former internatinals and they coming out to play... super cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home