Monday, October 1

Nenjodu Kalanthudu - Kaadhal Kondeen

I recently heard this song somewhere and it sounded so familiar that I felt like I'd go nuts if I don't find out the semblance. So I prowled for this song and finally got it ;) - you can listen to it here.

And of course what it soo resembles as well. Turns out it had the exact same tune played on the violin in the old song Runaway by The Corrs, one of my favourite bands. Besides, I used to listen to that album so much while in college.

Yuvan even made sure that the sound of the pipers are not missing. After all, its an irish tune ;).

You know what they say - "Good artists copy, great artists steal" - Pablo Picasso. Now don't ask my how do you differentiate between the copying & stealing :p.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Monday, October 01, 2007 7:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

for me the discovery was the other way around.. I knew the Corrs song before hand.. and of course "*&#$(!@*&# indha paatayum vittu vekkala machi" followed when i listened to the tamizh version. :)

 
At Monday, October 01, 2007 8:00:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

hey zep :)

actually its the same here too ... I'v been listening to the corrs for aaages now ...just that the order in which I wrote it gave you that impression

** indha paatayum vittu vekkala machi
ha ha ... thats exactly the point of my posht!

guess this is what artists do when their creativity hit a wall ;) ... just imagine the number of movies that come * an average of 5/6 songs in a movie :-o ... too many compositions to be creative ... not enough time to be creative ;)

am sure even someone like tyagaraajar can't keep up :p

 
At Monday, October 01, 2007 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I like The Corrs. Great band they r.
Copied or stolen, gimme good music and Im all happy :)

Hows u Samy?

Keshi.

 
At Monday, October 01, 2007 10:47:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

I lurve that band :).

** Copied or stolen, gimme good music and Im all happy :)

sometimes I take the extra mile to get to know how creative a composer is :)

me having a long weekend here (4 days), which has given me good balance. catching up things I havent been able to for a while ... a long while :)

 
At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and btw, enna da "comment moderation" ellam panni rousu udre? baingara "anbu" thollaya ? :P ;)

 
At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 6:28:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

spam machi :(

 
At Monday, October 08, 2007 12:07:00 AM, Blogger Keshi said...

ur right...a musician's creativity matters alot...



Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home