Tuesday, October 25

this is my 50th post here so ... hurraayyyyyyyyyy!!! another milestone impending as well :) ... thnx to the wonderful support of fellow bloggers ... the crowd I get here is a niche one ... so three cheers tyu all ... HAIL BLOGSPHERE!!!

trip to yercaud over the weekend was ethereal ... with a mini trek for a sidekick amidst appreciation of the picturesque, bantering and partying frought with gags ... catching up with people ... diwali fervor in place ... life is at gud as it can get ... this spring tho mixed is turning out very good :)

I was hoping to make a very very special post, which was part of the reason for my silence for a little while. I was even preparing for a gud one s'terday night ... having missed a day at office I came back to have a surprise ... no I was not fired ... not yet :p ... neither is my ass on fire ;) ... I decided to post right away ... its the feeling of indignation thats having me make this post

the mail which read ...

<> IS SINKING!!!
"<> goes under water" Fire engines rushed in to pump out water ...
employees asked not to come ... work stops ... second time in a month ...
A big worry for clients ...

<> at work in full swing
<>'s robust infrastrusture shines through this moment
of natural adversity.

Our epic's being well said morality tales reminds me of an ethic followed by kshatriyas - never fight an opponent with weapons when he has none to defend himself.

It was a shame to see such an attitude in display. As despicable a braging as it can get. Don't we have a moral obligation to lend shoulders and cushion when a fellow company (even if a competitor) is in such distress?

Ironically this mail followed a previous one which tells the story of an athletic event where one of the contestants slipped over a hurdle and the rest came back to help em and they all walked to the finish line.

Yes, I staunchly believe in objectivism. But that does not mean you should demean by using others foibles to elevate thyself.

Building your success specifically over others failure, now is that ethical? I believe a healthy competetion is a better way to go, and which works in the long term. Even for that matter monopoly and such business practices are based on ones greater strength more than another weakness.

A race where you get your competetors knocked out to win the race is politics!!! It will kick-back at you some day.

A true race is where you dash to the finish line with your competitors, n savour the fruits of the result as they are. A race whence lost would be sweet, and when WON would be even sweeter :) an experience.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 5:16:00 AM, Blogger awakeningcoma said...

true sportsmanship is needed in every sport.always fight a fair fight with the equals.

 
At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:11:00 PM, Blogger ada-paavi!!!! said...

ur expecting the level of values from an entire generation that has grown up to work in the corporate world where one builds their success on someone elses failure. naturally their organisations outlook will what the employees will also have, therefore this mail is quite natural.

u rnt fit to work in corporate world, inda madri ellan yoischa

 
At Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:23:00 PM, Blogger Jagan said...

maams ..enna ethu ? ennomo talkings ?

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yercaud!! Bet you had a nice time there. Lots of memories for me...did my schooling there. Any photos??

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:11:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

thnx folks!!!

@vatsan: to wash our hands saying there are no ethics @ business is easy don't u thing? ... am I seeing the indifference of good men here :-/ (in ref to my post on http://samy-scribbles.blogspot.com/2005/09/veritas-et-acquitas.html)

organization principles/values perclorating into its people is fair enough, but this was an opinion of an individual who had lost his nut, ppl who built the later for sure didn't base their success (to whatever end it was) on such misfortune

ur generalizing the corporate world da, its the lurching hypocritic attitude that I was hinting at, a few ppl down the ladder make the entire org luk stupid (no intension of the founder)

a race has only one winner, n so does a tender, how long dyu think such ill practices lead to healthy growth? belive me they will not survive the winter

maybe I am unfit in corporate world, I'v felt so myself. and its not worth changing my principles for theirs, for I'll always seek my atlantis

why dyu think ppl change jobs so much (apart from the monetary benefits)? a satisfaction towards an individuals morals and principles

everyone of us build's our own world of rules, n we gel with those that matches most with ours :p

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:12:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@ducky: photos of yercaud ... will post em soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home