Wednesday, October 12

true lies?

There has been a recent upheavel in blogsphere about false claims and its repurcussions and such. This time it went overboard. Violating the very sanctity that our constitution provides us. (For those who don't understand a pint of this, its about the IIPM issue which sprung up off-late)

I am imbued to false claims by people, for I have experienced it all my life. It was a time when I didn't have the capacity to make my decision. A ton of false claims, deceit and sham. I don't want to get into the details because I hold no one else responsible for such but me. But such single case's of sham is not the problem by itself.

For those who'd missed I wrote a previous post on this movie called The Boondock Saints ... the best part of it was the say by the priest - "We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we much fear most, and that is the indifference of good men". Suppliment this with the attitude - "As long as my house is clean, I don't care" ... and there we are :).

I lived my life entirely in india, more specifically in madras. Right from education @ regular schools and training institutes, scores of colleges mostly unknown (and practicing extortions), and even for that matter @ employment, lies and false propaganda to those being imduced into the system has become tradition. A new commer is always welcome with the whispers - "adutha bali aaadu" (in the same tone as the dodo's say - "there goes our last female :(" in the movie Ice Age)

This deep rooted weed cannot be whiped clean so easy. False claims being justified to lack of ethics in the industry/society - "thats how the world works". The sad part is how much we accept this system, as it goes in parallel to this - "more than people who take bribes, it is the people who give it who are the problem". Whence I'v stopped blaming the system, for it is I who am harboring it. For it is my very sanction that is being used againt me.

Truth be told, I never voiced against such men. Fear? Maybe. More important than that I felt was that my time was too precious to be spent over such imbeciles. Not worth all the trouble. Does this seem like contradicting the above quote? Yes, It is. I do not believe in thwarting that which should not be but rather harboring that which should be. My voice will make a difference, but why spend in deprecating the already decrepit ways.

"Seethu mela kallai veeseena, namba meela thaan thirumbavum adikkum"

I ain't recommending not to voice such, for its a way of things. There are millions of people whose very livelyhood and success is based on unethical practices, for thats is the system. Trying to bring it down or for that matter even help sustaining it is futile. I'd like to quote a dialog from "The Matrix" (the most philosophical of movies I'v seen yet) @ this juncture - morpheus to neo (@ the agent training program) "The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around and what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them of so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. Are you listening to me neo? Or were you looking @ the women in the red dress" :x ... any bells ringing now in your head?

Ever since I read Ayn Rand's - Atlas Shrugged, I realized that I am probably in a vain pursuit of Atlantis. Believe me it exists. I'v been there and I'v come back for some excuses. But the philosophy spoken there and that which is said in "The Matrix" ain't all that different. Just different paths.

A mentor of mine who shared similar ideology said once - "the reality is not all that bad ". Maybe, but it ain't good enough. Soo many unethical practices have become accepted in society. Why? Because it pays a living, and the bureaucracy is built on such values, in the name of morales, even though it defies basic human tenet.

Neo Speaks:

I know you're out there.
I can feel you now.
I know that you're afraid.
You're afraid of us.
You're afraid of change.

I don't know the future.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end.
I came here to tell you how it is going to begin.

I'm going to hang up this phone.
And then I'll show these people what you don't what them to see.
I'm going to show them a world, without rules and control, without borders or boundaries.
A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there ... is a choice I leave to you.

ringing bells? think folks, think ... adios amigos :)

Disclaimer: All movies and books refered to above are copyrighted by the owners, the script quoted is purely my adaptation from the movie as I remember it, is purely my opinion and/or interpretation, and is by no means affiliated or endorsed by their authors :)

5 Comments:

At Friday, October 14, 2005 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Arvind Srinivasan said...

Interesting, to cap my philosophical thinking today, i end up at this post of yours :)

well, think about it....practising your ideals become possible, when u give up many things....but in that very act, you give up something to take up something ;)

i.e. when you renounce it all, you take up renounciation ;)

 
At Friday, October 14, 2005 8:57:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@arvind: missing ur philosophical ramblings lately dhadha ... I didn't follow the renounciation part completely ... weaning for something more treasured is understandable ... if that is what ur getting @ ... or was it something else :-?

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 6:33:00 AM, Blogger Zeppelin said...

good one da... didnt know you liked philo stuff....

me a great fan of matrix....liked the movie in both states - with my brain switched on and off.. if you know what i mean. :)

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 8:19:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@zep: a major post on Matrix is pending ... I'm proly gonna do it in parts ... proly in a couple of months ... me doin it as a project :) ... a blog project :D

 
At Monday, October 17, 2005 10:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

apdi podu da... kalakku... looking fwd to it.. if i miss it, please let me know when you "release" it.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home