Tuesday, December 5

My 1st pick of the season :)

I'll try to keep this as crisp as I can :).

I managed to make it to Sowmya's kutchery for a start. I love her kutchery for her selection of song. She rarely sings more than a couple of crowd favourites. Today was no different.

Another point that I should make. The Sivagami Pethachi Auditorium is an amazing place for listening to kutcheries. I.e. If you look for things such as plush interiors, comfortable leg space and such things. Acoustics are very good as well, though not the best around. With mostly the elite crowd comming there, it will be a very comfortable experience :). They do not have a catering service, probably because of the expected crowd. So make sure you drop by at Narada Gana Sabha's Woodlands or one of those close by before you hit for the kutchery.

I couldn't figure out the rest even with the few verses of sahityam I noted :(. Never been soo unlucky.

But it as a very enjoyable evening. Even the violinist played clearly though I can't qualify it any more. As for sowmya, well it wasn't my first time to her concert, so I just enjoyed it. She sang raagam thrice, the last of which I felt was so vibrant. The song "Unakkum Enakkum Isaindha Porutham" sounded quite like "shree chakraraaja" in Chenchurutti #-o. Waaay off mark. In all an enjoyable evening, after having 2 idlis for Rs 8 ;).

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah thats a nice account ..hope to read more of ur dec kutcheri reviews :)

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 10:32:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

thnx bud :) ... I hope to keep up, unlike last year ... lets c

I'v got almost 30 concerts in q ... dun wanna bore my readers :D

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 5:19:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

**charuKESHI

Does it have anything to do with me? LOL!

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 7:32:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

ha ha maybe keshi :) ... maybe someone who knows raagams well and you might be able to say bout it :D

 
At Tuesday, December 05, 2006 8:39:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

:):)

Keshi.

 
At Monday, December 11, 2006 1:09:00 AM, Blogger Visithra said...

awww some of my fav songs n raagams - my fav kutcheri was the one by seshagopalan - what a concert

the next time im there i know who to drag to a concert ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home