Thursday, August 14

Strange Connections

Yesterday there was heavy rains and Bangalore and then the inevitable - traffic jams. Apparently the traffic was jammed all the way from race course to Majestic and people just decided to walk. I was a bit fortunate in that the auto guy tried all directions before giving up and said this is as close to my destination as he could get (within 10 mins walk).

Thats how the evening started. My experience led me to be cool over how late the bus would leave. I was traveling by the 9:30 bus which came in at 10:45 and left majestic at mid-night. So it was 3 guyz sitting in the last row and exchanging gyaan on our experiences with Bangalore and travelling to Chennai. Later this dudette joined in and was blessed with a seat with water dripping from the top. Once we adjusted and got settled the conversations started. Unfortunately the other two guyz dozed off promptly :( even before the bus moved.

Apparently my company HR and she were roommates and thats where the conversation started. And that gal and I were yapping until 3/3:30 am. It was as if we were friends for long and were catching up. Apparently she was a Arian and I was pretty spot on at how Arians are from my personal experience. Only when the bus-driver took a break at about 2:30 for his dinner did we introduce ourselves by our names. Btw, her name was Sharmila :). Finally we decided to catch some sleep by 3:30. Our bus hit CMBT terminus at 6am. I helped her to the bus stop where she could get a MTC bus to her destination and we parted our ways after extending our wishes for Independence Day and otherwise :).

Strange thing was that she grew up in Bangalore and me in Chennai but that was never the topic of discussion :). It went on to so much that we even ended up talking about snoring too. I guess an explanation as to what brought that up is unnecessary ;).

In fact I mentioned to her that - "this is perhaps the first time that I have made such a long conversation (a.k.a yapping) with a random stranger!", and she too agreed :). Very unlikely that we'd ever meet up ever in our lives again but this will always be a journey I'll remember, as the one where I was aimlessly yapping with a fellow passenger until 3:30am.

Ha ha, me and yapping. A lot of my friends wouldn't even believe :p. Even I can't, esp. being someone for whome making a conversation with people is so hard. I guess it depends on the other person too. Perhaps I make easy friends with Arians, much like with one of my close buddies. An interesting experience!

Not too long ago did a fellow blogger had a similar experience and wrote about it here. Life with its twists and turns :).

Labels:

5 Comments:

At Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:20:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

there u go! U had such a sweet 'moment' in this vast lifetime too :) Im happy for ya Samy!

Connections I believe come from a long time ago...even tho we feel we've just met em. And they dun hv to last a lifetime to be special. Moments r wut really matters.


Keshi.

 
At Friday, August 15, 2008 6:25:00 AM, Blogger Madhu said...

ha ha nice to know u had such an nice experience. I made a train friend long ago....was travelling from chennai to delhi for summer hols...that is one long journey - almost 3 days. This person was an army guy going back for hols. That is one experience to remember....once in a while u meet someone who brightens up ur day and makes u feel special...no strings attached! These are the times when u realise life has more to it than the usual 9-6 job, relatives, loans, etc, etc. Enjoy and cherish these moments. :)

 
At Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:18:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@keshi: thanks nutty :). It is a moment that I'll remember ;).

@madhu: wow, a train journey huh :).
* no strings attached! - Thats the best part of it ;)

 
At Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:52:00 AM, Blogger Zeppelin said...

super machi... I recently had the chance to meet a pen friend of mine of 8 years...and it was freakin terrific! although we could only oor suthify for a couple days.

best wishes for many more such 'strange' experiences :)

 
At Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:40:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@zep: awesome man! an thanks :). I am hoping for more such strange things in life ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home