Saturday, July 26

Growing up sucks!

Something I realized off-late is that the more we learn the less flexible we become. Now I am not talking of the extraordinary people. What makes ordinary people so ordinary is how much they get institutionalized with the beaten path that they fail to explore things they would otherwise.

Imagine an Engineering or a Management graduate (sorry about the choice, but such people are the ones I encounter the most). Most people would only want to do something related to their field EVEN THOUGH they might have capacity to be better at something else. You might argue that you'll never know what it is you are best at. But my point here is that people fail to see themselves doing other things.

With most people degrees and education become blinders like for a horse. Now contrast this with a child.

Every wondered at how they explore the world. Agreed that they have less things to worry about, they are well taken care of and all. But ain't these excuses things that we burden ourselves with even when we don't have to?

I miss being that child that I was. No I am not talking about long long ago in a galaxy far far away. Its hardly been a few years since things changed, rather I changed. A friend of mine pointed this out during his last visit to India. I didn't understand it completely although I didn't deny it :). Whats the point in being this way, loosing your very essence in the name of being mature? Being compliant with the society has taken greater importance than being thyself.

I am gonna try to be that kid I once was. I know I risk losing some people (incl. close ones) in the process. But if they don't understand / accept me for what I am ( - I can be a pissoff a**h*** at times :D) then its only a matter of time until it falls apart. I wonder how many souls are out there who can put up with "me".


A Request to the Indian Media:

Please don't be hyper cynical and throw baseless hypothesis over incidents you don't understand. You hold a very responsible position of giving people information. A lot of people believe it. Viewership and ratings are not everything! Use your influence wisely.

Unfortunately like I always say its a point of view :|.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home