Music Academy of Mambalam Reopens - Free for all
Here is a recap of the last years Sri Rama Navami Mahotsavam and my perception of it -
- Reverberations of Sri Raama Navami
- The voice of - "Sowkiyama ... kanne" (Sangamam)
- Fervour followed by anticlimax
- 4 hours in twilight zone - courtesy of the *ACE*
- Classical *Raakshasi*
Without much ado lemme get to the crux ... the schedule for the benefit of other rasikaas. All these concerts are FREE ... and only tharai tickets :p ... unless ur a patron of the samaj ... but it will be a much more heartwarming experience than it is at the sabhas.
- 07th Fri 4:30pm - Mudikondan
- 07th Fri 7:00pm - Bombay Sisters
- 08th Sat 6:00pm - Sri T.M.Krishna
- 10th Mon 5:00pm - Trivandrum Smt. S.Jayashree
- 10th Mon 7:00pm - Smt Gayathri Venkataraghavan
- 11th Tue 7:00pm - Priya Sisters
- 12th Wed 5:00pm - Kum. Srividhya Kalyanaraman
- 12th Wed 7:00pm - Sri P.Unnikrishnan
- 13th Thu 5:00pm - Sri U.P.Raju & Smt. Nagamani - Mandolin
- 13th Thu 7:00pm - Sri Ganesh & Sri Kumaresh - Violin Duo
- 14th Fri 5:00pm - Dr. Radha Baskar
- 14th Fri 7:00pm - Sri T.V.Sankaranarayanan
- 15th Sat 5:00pm - Kum B.Suchitra
- 15th Sat 7:00pm - Madurai Sri T.N.Seshagopalan
- 16th Sun 5:00pm - Madurai Sri T.N.S.Krishna
- 16th Sun 7:00pm - Sri U.Srinivas & Sri U.Rajesh - Mandolin
- 17th Mon 5:00pm - Smt. Srividhya Venkatachalam
- 17th Mon 7:00pm - Mambalam Sisters
Sri Ram Samaj
Ayodhya Aswamedha Maha Mandapam
West Mambalam, Chennai - 600 033
The speciality of this music festival is that the artists do not make it here for the money (for its much below what they could pull otherwise) but for the immediate reach that they have for the audience. This is not a commercial stunt like the recent "Chennai'yil Thiruvaiyaaru". And the audience are connoisseur's of music and mostly old people who have utmost reverence for the best. Don't do well and the people would just walk away stooping. Do well and it would be packed like the footboard of 12G :)). And for many budding artists this is a pre-cursor and weighing spot before they ascend stage during the season. Click on the post title for a more professional coverage of the extent of the fest.
As Proximo would say in gladiator: "The silence before you strike. And the noise after rising....like a....like storm! As if you were the thunder god himself.". You can experience it here ;). So pack your bags and get ready to listen before the summer heat s(t)inks in. As for those who insistent on comfortable chairs and an A/C auditorium *sigh* - you are missing something.
If anybody is pouring in to listen and enjoy (and not talk all along :D), do drop a msg before hand
and maybe I could tag along (ore kalula rendu maangai - blogger meet + concert).