Thursday, December 14

உள்ளே நுழைக

He he! I really find the google search homepage in tamil a bit funny :D.

The title of the post is the equivalent of "Sign In" in their english pages. Although literally traslated, it means "Enter" (not the keyboard-key but the antonym of exit). Maybe "Enter in" / "Come in" perhaps, put very literally.

Also turns out they couldn't find some equivalent words in tamil ;)). So here goes some literal suggestions from me (with help from my mom of course).

Desktop - மேஜை மேல் (might sound funny, but if it can be accepted in english, why not in tamil?)
Personalized Home - தனித் தன்மை வாயந்த வீடூ (I still haven't figured a more apt word in place of home :-? ... தளம் perhaps)

Wonder if they thought tamil speaking people wouldn't be using these services. On the contrary I think they'd be sizeable in number.

7 Comments:

At Saturday, December 16, 2006 8:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. there are people using tamil versions of software. users of ubuntu linux for example.

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 4:41:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

hey nice work and I can read Tamil, did u know that? :)

Keshi.

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:27:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

@dee: I'v not known a single person who does :) ... but the choice of words r just funny

@keshi: WOW, I didn't know nutty :). well I kinda 4got how to write it ... n I read it veeeery slowly ;))

 
At Sunday, December 17, 2006 7:12:00 PM, Blogger Visithra said...

hehe i can read n write in tamil but cannot spell - cant remember which la or which na to use ;p

translations in any language is funny ;p

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 5:08:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

cos when I was in year 6 in school, they taught Tamil as a co-subject. I picked it up quite fast.

Keshi.

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 1:43:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@visithra: unnoda tamil yengaluku thereeyum :) ... yennaku mostly difference thereeyum but when I am in doubt I ask mum ... she's learnt the "sutha tamil" (pure form) ... ur good but when u write it in english its funny ... just translated phonetically :D

@keshi: know what. I never liked tamil ... esp since I failed in it once :( by just two marks :(( ... n thanks to my best friend I got busted right on that day even b4 I could cook some stories :D

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:39:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

LOL!

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home