Freeya vidu, Freeya vidu, Freeya vidu maame, Aaru ku illai Gurantee
The heart throb of the south indian women folk, is commin up as Aarumugam (is this a stunt to match vikram as aaruchaami??) ... great expectations from the movie ... @ the least to boost his value even further in TFI
There is no easy way to say this so ... I didn't enjoy the music much, not even a wee bit :( ... so I'll keep this short :).
- Soda Bottle Kaiyela - Typical dabban koothu song, a pot pourri from signature vikram movie tracks and street songs. A total galeej song. Instruments - paatharam, buckets, n cycle chains, meelam ... ha ha.
- Thottutae - My 1st thought was that the 1st electronic segment was an adoptation inspired from Enigma's - "The Landing" (a fantastic track). And then the rest felt like "Kankalinal" song from Priyasakhi. Frought with mukkals n all crazy sounds. Mix of classical instruments and what not. Incoherence was the feeling.
- Freeya Vidu - a husky voice singing this, which reminded me of an old song with the similar motif, but this song - "katta vandee katta vandee" from sagalakalaa vallavan is proly close to the one I am thinking about ~x(. Good for konnam monnam dance during road trips n college bachelors parties ;). Beemani n solari were all >:P, worth spitting at. The lyrics kind resembles this song - "Mallu vetti maanaa madhireee, na pandhayathula vekka pooren vellai kudhireee" ... typical gaana track.
- Nenjam Ennrum II - (Read thru the nxt item b4 u read this). This is a much much better one, and could have been developed into a good track. But they cut this short to just within 100 secs.
- Nenjam Ennrum - its got the same javvunu iizhukkum precussion instrument as in "Theepidikka" from Arindhum Areeyamelum to the same length @ 3:00-3:20 of that song. Songs is a crap. The pastoral setting of instrument would be more befitting for songs like "Yelaa Yelaa Yelaa" (from AA). And rap to make it even more worse. "Pathetic" is the operative word.
- Dhurogam - a senti song, maybe adding to the plot of the movie. Quite a morose theme to it, like the one in Majaa. Not appealing otherwise.
- Paakaadhe - Very slow and sad track. Simple, yet banal and unimpressive.
Bottomline - Music is Disappointing :(. I really hope the movie makers gave no regard to the music, and have put in something else in the movie to make it sell.