Sunday, December 23

Songs that leave you hollow

Yesterday I got to listen to a whole bunch of my favourite songs coz I didn't have access to my comp and I had to read listening on my portable music player. These are my *ever* favourites and I can listen to them any day, any number of times.

But then, I didn't quite enjoy them as much as I used to / I would like to :(. All they gave me was a feeling of a big void inside. Like a part of me was gone and nowhere to be found. Empty! ZILCH! Maybe its just that the other side of me has gone missing lately. These song give me (used to) goosebumps every time I listen to them after a week or so. But not now :-?. And they keep reminding me of how dead I am.

I know that its our ability to feel is what makes us human. But right now I could really use an extended period not being able to feel anything and just be a machine doing what I do for a living. Wish there was a switch that I could flip and become stoic.

On a jocular note, if I were to throw a switch and become stoic I presume I would never feel like flipping that switching again :D coz I wouldn't be able to feel anymore ;). So technically there would be a need for an external influence that can override my stoicalness which undermines the fact that am stoic. He he, what a philosophical detour. I have gone brilliantly crazy :D.

On a more simple note, such a switch does indeed exist - the people around you. When jedi like Anakin Skywalker would not keep himself from being affected by other how could a mere human like me ;)?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Friday, December 28, 2007 8:51:00 PM, Blogger dharmabum said...

whatay feelings ma. or the lack of it, as you seem to think :P

 
At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 3:29:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

ur not dead..just a lil tired. Go on a holiday Samy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home