Thursday, January 3

Moments of 2007

Its time to do what most blogger do after new-year. For once, I'll do it as well. (Actually I'v run out of ideas)

3 Magical Moments of 2007
  1. When I read an article online realizing that it spoke of the same problem I faced and came up with a lovely solution for it months back. Turns out to be one of the patterns with a jargon in the industry.
  2. When I played on my violin once (accidentally i.e.) and the song came out as good as I understood it ;). Obviously I had not understood it enough. But I was overjoyed. Esp. when my mum came up and said I truly played well, and "for a change" - I thought.
  3. When I received a gift on account of my friends 1st salary. I got misty, I admit.
3 Disastrous Moments
  1. When for the second time in life (5 years since the previous) I ended up not being able to take up higher studies :(. It literally broke me.
  2. When I realized that the last two years of my life were a lie and I blissfully believed in it. Now I can empathize why neo puked when he realized the obviousness of the truth.
  3. Failure after failure till the very end. Everything I had laid a foundation for failed this year.
3 Lessons Learnt
  1. Never to put my happiness in someone else's hands. A lesson I never seem to have learnt since childhood.
  2. The unlikeliest of people are sometimes the ones who come through for you during you hardest of times.
  3. Being conservative is not such a bad thing. It could have saved me from having gone against my morals/values (although technically I didn't).
The biggest lesson I've learnt this year is to take help from friends. I am glad I had the courage to and I owe it to many of them who patiently took the time to help me out in my endeavours, who read my loooong boring mails (one of them was the longest I'd EVER written) and have always kept me in good spirits despite dire times.

Somehow I don't seem to be mature enough to shed my past and just move on without looking back. And am hoping that 2008 will turn things around, bring back the cheer in me and put an end to such 'personal journal' posts kind. I seriously miss blogging like I used to.

2008 >:/

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:44:00 AM, Blogger A said...

Looks like you had a good share of good and bad things this year.

Btw which piece was it on the violin?

Hope you have a wonderful 2008!

 
At Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:06:00 AM, Blogger Madhu said...

hey samy, thanks, wish you too a very happy new year.

Last year has been difficult for you isnt it? but look at it this way, you have learnt good lessons, I can relate to it too. btw according to me NOTHING is a failure, it may be disappointing but something good always comes out of it.

Just curious, abt ur higher studies...can you not do it part time?

Just keep a positive attitude and have a blast. Am sure this year will be better.

 
At Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:26:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

@arpita: I don't remember which one :). But a while back I was elated about it. Offlate it was Niravathi sukhatha ;).

and thanks for the wishes

@madhu: when something good happens everything else adds up ;). until then it gonna be a bit difficult.

I haven't given up on higher studies ;). thanks a ton for your wishes madhi :).

 
At Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:37:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

awww...nice nostalgic post Samy.

Here's hoping 2008 will create more magical memories for ya!

Keshi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home