Tuesday, May 1

300 - Worth every penny

A worthy movie after such a long time. I believe after "V for Vendetta" this is the next movie I'v come to like so much. I felt the movie was brilliantly made. More than anything, two things about the movie stood out.
  1. The background score - it was PERFECT, and should I say rocking :). This is were movies like Troy and Eragon were seriously lacking and a total let down. IMO LOTR and Gladiator were amongst the best in this genre. 300's not any less than the other two.
  2. The sepia mode like setting - the look of the picture had a lovely rustic aura to it. The skies, the landscape everything made it distinct that it is of an era long gone. HDR Rendering perhaps. I'll proly have to watch it over again to quantify it exactly as I was completely engrossed through the movie.

Don't watch this movie sitting far behind in the theatre. This movie is meant to be watched with nothing else but 'it' in view. The movie was perfectly paced start to finish. Not at a single point did we feel it went too quick or dragging. Just enough of every element. Increasing the frame-rate to vividly depict action sequences and normal for the grandeur, it was a work very well done.

I don't want to get judgemental about these characters who stood for valour and became immortals. Some may find it a bit too gory / graphic. But heyyy! Its history. I like such mythical stories and enjoyed every wee bit of it. Strangely I don't seem to get good reviews on this movie from anyone here. I'm sure to get my own DVD of this movie once it hits the shelves here.

So instead of watching junk stuff like "Parattai engira azhagu sundaram" (which I was tricked into watching) go for this one. You'll thank me for it. This "Parattai" movie was outrageously horrendous. After a point I kind of got numb to the nonsense and sat in the theatre with my fingers plugging my ears. It was so intolerable that the whole theatre gave a ROTFL ovation during the climax which was supposed to be quite sentimental. This nonsense if not for the strong hearted either :D. Its okie to spend two-three hours in the coffee shop instead :).

:-t ... cheerios

Labels:

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 01, 2007 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

** sat in the theatre with my fingers plugging my ears

LOL!

ty for telling me abt it Samy :) U saved my life...cos when I see such ridiculous comedies when it should be Drama in real, I usually wanna die.


Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, May 02, 2007 2:03:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

** cos when I see such ridiculous comedies when it should be Drama in real, I usually wanna die

I didn't know u watch tamil movies :)

 
At Wednesday, May 02, 2007 6:49:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

I doooo...alot actually :)

Keshi.

 
At Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:26:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

then please do thyself a favour ... skip that movie @ ALL COST :D

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:38:00 AM, Blogger A said...

I thot "parattai" wld be a hit- for all the hype behind it. Poor Archana.

And 300 was an ok movie. The special effects were damn gud bt not the kind of movie i wld like to buy a DVD of..

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 5:10:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

** I thot "parattai" wld be a hit- for all the hype behind it. Poor Archana.

thats exactly what all that hype was for ... to coax people into watching such a horrendous movie ... I can stand even simbu's movies but not this one :( ...

** And 300 was an ok movie.

nee oru padam vidaradhu illeya :p ... I like such grandeur in movies ... maybe the plot doesn't have anything gr8 ... but it buy it for the way its been shot :) ... guyz taste is a bit different when it comes to such themes ;)

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

lolz ok.

btw have u seen that Kovai Brothers movie. OMG I died a 1000 deaths watching it!

Keshi.

 
At Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:07:00 PM, Blogger SamY said...

I don't have the guts to watch such movies nutty ;) ... satyaraj and sibi :-o ... NO WAY ... although I did catch up with some comedy scenes from that movie :) ... I wudn't dare venture any further :D

 
At Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:06:00 PM, Blogger Visithra said...

darn the plot has everything n to think its just one part of the whole history - its an awesome movie n the way they fight - oh my god - so good - love the colour they used as well - it was a threat to all senses

 
At Friday, May 11, 2007 3:40:00 AM, Blogger SamY said...

** it was a threat to all senses

most definitely visi ... more than anything it a wonderfully made movie ... I really loved the gore in the movies ... wan'd too gory yet realistic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home